The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for sourcing and networking with quality individuals to meet the needs of the organization. The incumbent in this role will conduct the full life cycle recruitment process from sourcing, phone screens, face to face interviews, and all of the administrative duties associated with the full cycle recruitment process. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will build relationships with Hiring Managers within the organization to gain a better understanding of their current and future recruitment needs, and think of “out of the box” ideas to increase a talent pipeline of diverse and qualified candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.
- Responsible for the entire full life cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals of the organization.
- Will help manage the recruiting and employment processes in our on-line Applicant Tracking System to ensure compliance with SAG-AFTRA policies, state and federal guidelines.
- Conduct phone screens to assess various candidates’ knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Source and network with active and passive candidates through various means to promote SAG-AFTRA’s job opportunities and ultimately create a talent pipeline of candidates.
- Partner with the Director of Talent Acquisition to identify and recommend a recruitment strategy which utilizes the best channels for internal and external advertising of job vacancies, including: job boards, professional associations, social media outlets, and recruitment events.
- Will help develop and update job descriptions to reflect an accurate assessment of the position.
- Will draft offer letters.
- Support testing of candidates and maintain testing integrity and systems.
- Responsible for the temporary employee and independent contract process.
- Support the Director of Talent Acquisition and the HR department on various special projects.
- Assist in the development and ultimately administer SAG-AFTRA’s on-boarding process for new employees.
- Conduct ongoing research to identify job boards, posting sites, educational institutions and other relevant associations to further drive the organization's brand and aid in the identification of top talent.
- Maintain communication with applicants and hiring managers throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with recruitment agencies and their representatives.
- Evolve the talent acquisition process in conjunction with relevant employee programs.
- Will help develop, streamline and enhance staffing systems, track reporting and analysis, sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
- Excellent organization skills and ability to function and adapt in a high demand and changing environment.
- High level of customer service and relationship management skills.
- Strong planning and prioritizing skills with solid follow-up abilities.
- Strong knowledge of applicant tracking systems and internet recruitment websites.
- Knowledge of employment law, diversity, and outreach, AA/EEO principles and their appropriate application in an employment setting.
- Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
- Strong technical knowledge of applicant tracking systems.
- Able to demonstrate appreciation of workers’ rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to prioritize tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in PC applications and internet based systems.
- Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG¬AFTRA's sole discretion.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
- Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG¬AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of experience in a Talent Acquisition capacity.
- Experience in a union environment preferred.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
- Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic and intermediate) – passing score: 76%
- Writing Test