ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
- Provide professional level administrative support to the National Director, Field Services.
- Answer department’s incoming calls.
- Organize and maintain files; scan documents.
- Input and retrieve computer data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
- Must be resourceful and flexible in the role of streamlining Field Services set coverage.
- Be highly proficient in all aspects of the position with track record of mastery and success at administrative support responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading); database data entry.
- Must be able to organize data and research information.
- Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner. Ability to deal with people diplomatically.
- Work independently and as part of a team. Take initiative in organizing and alleviating workload of supervisors.
- Initiative regarding follow-up procedures on pending matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate to producers, attorneys, etc.
- Highly organized and detail oriented for multi-detailed workload. Ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment.
- Must be discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
- Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
- Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
- Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Previous experience in entertainment industry a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, administrative assistant and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
- Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
- Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
- Typing test 35 WPM
- Writing test